Recommend me to your friends

Friday 19 October 2012

Cruise.co.uk Wins Europes Leading Cruise Travel Agent!!!


Hi all - bit of a weird one today, I've got a guest blogger for you. My colleague Kristin recently collected an award for us at the World travel awards but has been having some IT difficulties so has been unable to let anyone know about it!
You can find her report of the event below........
(If you want to talk to Kristin you can reach her at Kristins@cruise.co.uk)


So let me tell you all about the World Travel Awards which took place last weekend in the Algarve, Portugal.

I was selected to attend this event to collect a prestigious award on behalf of our company.  What an honour!  I felt like I had won the lottery when I was selected!  Like who doesn’t appreciate going to a country where it’s going to be 30 degrees of sunshine, staying in a brand new 5 star hotel, an all-expenses paid trip with your husband!  After the summer we had, I was sure due for some serious warmth in the sun!

Upon our arrival into the Conrad Algarve, we were immediately impressed with the staff at the front desk.  As the hotel opened only 10 days ago, they couldn’t have been friendlier or more helpful with check in.  You could tell by the smiles on their faces they were so proud to work for such a beautiful hotel.

Our hotel room was simply perfect!  We may have been the only guests to have stayed in this hotel room ever.  To say technology in a hotel needs to be with the times – this room had everything I could ever imagined – very impressive!  From shoe shine, to bath oils, to a wet room and Egyptian cotton, it was home for 2 nights.

We played in a golf tournament on one of Portugal’s finest golf courses.  Couldn’t say no to that really!  As soon as my husband spotted the tournament there was no saying no to him either!  What a hoot we had!  Now I wasn’t exactly breaking records, or perhaps I was, since I was holding up the tournament behind, I thought it would be best to sit in the golf buggy and soak up the sunshine for a few holes!  I let my husband do the golfing for the both of us – as they say – leave it to the experts!  At one stage I thought he might have won it as he parred the first 5 holes on a course he has never played on.  Well, to his disappointment his game deteriorated after that!  No need to mention his final score!
Now the reason for going to the World Travel Awards – to collect Europe’s Leading Cruise Travel Agent for 2012!  Again…..!!  Woo hoo!
What an awards ceremony it was!  From fine champagne and canapés by the pool side, red carpet, excellent entertainment to a 5 course delicious meal – it was a night to remember forever!  For a bubbly lady that I am and on occasion quite shy, getting on stage to collect an award was slightly daunting!  I was relieved to be in the Europe’s awards as these took place in the first course of the meal.  It meant I could relax and enjoy the rest of the evening with of course a glass or 2 of wine!  Well not before I had to do an interview.  If you want to see someone extremely nervous and camera shy….listen to the below…but only once and delete it from your memory!  This makes me cringe with embarrassment!
Our second day in the Algarve was of course a day at leisure before our flight home.  I had to take advantage of some of the world’s finest beaches.  So off we go in the hotel’s brand new porches to be driven to the beach!  I felt like I was famous for a day!  My husband and I walked for 2 miles along a beautiful sandy beach in the glorious sunshine.  It was like heaven just the two of us enjoying 30 degree weather…something again my friends, I have not felt all year round in Britain!  As you all know, we have had the worst summer in history!

Time for a margarita me thinks by the seaside!!
So we toast to the celebration of Cruise.co.uk winning Europe’s Leading Cruise Travel Agent. Woo hoo!
As a company we are all so proud of this award and thank all those who have supported us in the last year and voted for us to win!  There is a reason we are number one and it comes down to my colleagues and their commitment and of course our customers.  Because without customers, we wouldn’t have a business and could not be collecting such a prestigious award we have just done!







Happy cruising!


No comments:

Post a Comment