Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 15 April 2012

Hats off to an amazing cruise passenger!

I booked a cruise for a couple about two months ago. I'm not going to mention their names here without their permission but I just wanted to let you all know how amazing I think this couple are.


The lady is thirty nine years old and has a terminally illness. This cruise was booked as a celebration of their marriage and they were going to renew their vows onboard.
Unfortunately I took a call from the husband on Tuesday only to find out his wife was in hospital as she had broken her hip the day before. They wanted to know what the chances were of them getting a refund on their cruise, (it sails today so not good). I had to explain they'd need to claim it on their insurance and maybe re-book another one for a later date.
But oh no, that wasn't good enough for this lady!

She had her hip replacement operation on Wednesday, was up and walking by Thursday and had been discharged by Thursday night. I had an email from the husband last night saying they were on their way down to Southampton and were both looking forward to the cruise.

I cannot tell you how much I respect this woman's determination and will power and I wanted to take this opportunity to wish them both an amazing cruise and I hope they both have a great time!

Happy cruising to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment