Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 19 April 2012

Star Clipper facts

It doesn't take a genius reading this blog to know I'm a huge fan of Star Clipper cruises, (click here to see some previous posts about them).
I was talking to a rep from Star Clippers a couple of weeks ago who gave me a couple of interesting facts about them I'd never heard before. Naturally I thought I'd share them with you........



One of the big selling points of a star Clipper cruise is that it's an authentic sailing experience whilst still being surrounded by all the luxury of a cruise ship. But did you also know they had an open bridge policy?
Unlike most cruise ships where the bridge is a high security, closely guarded secret, if you book a Star Clippers cruise you'll be allowed to just wander onto the bridge to have a look around, see how a cruise ships is sailed and have a chat with any officers, (or even the Captain), who happen to be on duty. It's a great opportunity for anyone that wants a closer look at what happens behind the scenes on a cruise ship.

Did you also know that the Royal Clipper, Star Clippers largest ship, is in the Guinness Book of Records? She's the largest square rigged ship currently in service, with over 5202 square meters of sails!

Sounds interesting? You'll need to book a cruise on one of their ships to learn more.

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment