Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 8 July 2012

Do you read travel reviews?

If I'm honest with you I don't normally bother. I know I should, but I tend to just research what I want, when I want it and see what's available and then off I go to book it. However that nearly ended in disaster recently so I may have to re-think my approach to booking things.
I'd been planning on taking the kids to the Camelot theme park at the end of this month as my eldest , (3 years old), is currently obsessed with knights, dragons and castles so it seemed like a good idea.
I called up and paid a £20 deposit on a hotel just outside the park a couple of weeks ago and was going to pay the balance and book the park tickets yesterday.
Lucky for me I was chatting to a customer on the phone about my plans and she happened to mention she'd been there a month or so ago.
Let's just say she was less than complimentary about them. With her comments ringing in my ears I thought it was time I checked out some online reviews.
Old; tired; outdated; smelly; animals kept in filth; rude staff; horrible food; broken glass in the ball pit! And these were just on the first website I checked. Every travel review site I checked after that was the same. One quick change of plans later we've decided to take the kids elsewhere.
But it got me to thinking. Do you ever read travel reviews before you cruise? I know on our main website we've thousands of real cruise reviews to look at, but do you bother? Or are you like me and you just book the cheapest option that happens to coincide with the itinerary you want?
Let me know.............

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment