Recommend me to your friends

Friday 13 July 2012

Walk the plank with NCL

Walking the plank - not exactly a new idea idea in nautical terms but in relation to cruise ships?????
I do like it when a cruise line comes up with an idea or concept that's never been tried at sea before. I mean I love cruising but if we're honest there's only so many new things you can try on a cruise ship.
The concept I'm talking about today will be called walk the plank and will be found on the new NCL Breakaway, set to launch from Southampton next April on it's inaugural voyage to New York where it will be based.
So what's walk the plank all about?
It's not a complicated idea; basically, as it sounds, it will be a long plank jutting out over the side of the ship, thirteen decks high. Much like glass bottomed lifts you get in some tall buildings you'll be able to walk out over the side of the ship, (in a harness), to check out the views.
I'm sure this isn't going to be the big selling point of the new NCL Breakaway but I do have to say hats of to NCL once again for trialing something new on their ships that's never been tried anywhere else.
Will you be brave enough to walk the plank?

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment