Recommend me to your friends

Friday 14 September 2012

Fridays funny story

I was talking to a client the other day who lives up in Scotland who told me of an incident he witnessed in his local a few weeks ago. As publishing a funny story on a Friday is turning into a bit of a regular thing I thought I'd share it all with you...............

He doesn't live far from St Andrews golf course and apparently they get a lot of American tourists come over to play golf. It's quite common for the wives of these golfers to do some shopping and pop into one of the local pubs for a drink whilst their husbands are off playing.
On this occasion a very loud Texan lady came in with a group of friends and ordered a margarita.
"Oh, I'm sorry", said the waitress, "we don't sell those".
Not to be put off the Texan lady said, "Do you know who I am?" Do you know how much business we bring to this town? If I want a margarita you can go and fetch me one".
Quite flustered the waitress headed out back to speak to her manager and quickly returned.
"I'm so sorry, we'll be happy to do that for you but can you give us about 15-20 minutes please?"
The Texan lady accepted this with bad grace returned to her friends muttering about waitress and incompetence.

True to her word the waitress returned 15 minutes later, much to the shock of the Texan lady; to the laughter of the entire pub and I'm sure to her own eternal embarrassment with a margherita pizza, neatly cut into 8 slices!

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment