Recommend me to your friends

Monday 24 September 2012

My 500th Blog post!

A bit of a milestone today, I've just reached half a millennium or 500 posts!
It's, (mostly), been a joy writing this blog for you since I started work for Cruise.co.uk way back in May 2010 and hopefully there will be many more posts to come. I'm glad you've all enjoyed reading it, (or at least found it useful), and as always if you think there's something missing feel free to email me and I'll see about adding it.
In the meantime I thought it might be a bit fun today if I did a bit of a top ten run down of my blog, (as it stands now)........................

88,504 of you have read this blog since it started but you've read  213,136 posts. That's an average of nearly 2.5 posts per visit. (Own up, which of you are only reading half a post?)

The top ten countries my bog is read in, (starting from the top) are........

United Kingdom, (obviously)
United States
Russia
Canada
Australia
Argentina
Germany
India
Ireland
Spain

The top ten posts read by you are............

What are the Northern Lights? - I wrote this one a while ago but I think it's been so popular as the Northern lights will be so prominent this year.
A guide to free upgrades on a cruise ship - No surprise as to why this one was so popular!
Onboard credit for the over 55s - This was a very popular post about a scheme MSC trialed that never really took off.
Topless sunbathing on a cruise ship - Maybe a little tongue in cheek, but who doesn't like a bit of Carry On humour now and then?
When is a Union Jack not a Union Jack - This was a follow up from an argument I'd had with somebody onboard about the term Union Jack
22 days to go - A joke Christmas blog from a couple of years ago, obviously tickled you to make the top ten though.
September - This is from a series of posts I wrote when I first started about what there is is to do in the UK, (useful for when you're not cruising)
Sex and Drugs and onboard credit - A 'news' story that certainly divided people about a swingers cruise that Azamara were offering
17 days to go - Another funny Christmas cruise post
A funny story for you - This was brilliant. It's a true story that happened to one of my passengers.

My favourite post of all time however and certainly this was the post that the most people felt they had to comment on was the time I asked the question......
Why aren't Cunard calling their new ship the QE3?
Two/three years on I still think I had a point, (by the way if you're interested the question was finally settled in this post here), even if the majority of Cunard fans did disagree with me.

So here's to the next 500 posts, (and more), and as always,
Happy cruising!





No comments:

Post a Comment