Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Top ten towel animals

Cruising as a holiday is always a great experience, (I'm biased I know). Even if you book a budget three star cruise you're almost always guaranteed a good time.
However, as in life, I think with a cruise it's the little things that can make a big difference.
One of my favourite 'small things' on a cruise has to be the towel animal tradition. They always make me smile and some cabin stewards really go all out when they're making them.
I know not everyone is a fan, thinking they're a silly cruise tradition but I'd be really disappointed if I did a cruise and didn't see a towel animal waiting for me in my cabin.
Here's my top ten........................

 
10. Not my favourite ever but it makes it into the top ten for the use of the patterning on the towels - Plus you get two for the price of one!
 
 
9. A Romantic little bunny - One for the ladies.
 
 
8. Quite simple to do but as you don't often see a lobster I think it deserves a top ten place.

 
7. Again a fairly standard towel animal but here the cabin steward has used the guests sunglasses to improve it - Love it!
 
 
6. Another unusual one - A squid, although it loses points for only having four tentacles.
 
 
5. I'd never seen a crocodile towel animal before so I think this one deserves it's no.5 place.

 
4. One for the little girls out there - The cabin steward has used a pink towel to make a cute elephant


 
3. This one deserves it's no. 3 place for the positioning of the monkey in the wardrobe.
I remember once coming back to my cabin and finding a monkey towel animal hanging from my light fitting.
 
 
2. This very nearly scored the no.1 spot for the rabbits posture - Just chilling out, lounging in the cabin, how can you not smile - but it lost out to......

 
1. This pig who won the no.1 spot for no other reason other than the fact that I'm a huge Blues Brothers fan and this towel animal reminded me of them.
 
What do you think? Are you a towel animal fan? What's your favourite towel animal?
 
Happy cruising

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Once you've seen the towel animals, no need for them to appear in my cabin. I like my towels clean, folded, and unfussed by extra handling. Say I'm not a sour- puss!

    ReplyDelete