Recommend me to your friends

Friday 18 May 2012

Problems with the Celebrity Eclipse???

I first went onboard a Celebrity ship last year when I visited the Celebrity Eclipse, (you can read my review here), and I thoroughly loved every minute of it.
As I said in the review, I loved every inch of the ship but as I was taking a guided tour around I saw something that I thought may have been a major drawback for certain cruisers.
I didn't say anything at the time because I wasn't sure if I was being too picky or pedantic but as someone mentioned it to me yesterday returning from the Eclipse I thought I'd mention it to you all and see what you thought..........

The disco/nightclub on the Celebrity Eclipse is called Quasar and is located down on deck four, towards the front of the ship.
It's a fantastic nightclub to enjoy yourself in, with a great atmosphere and a really modern design.
The problem is the design might be a bit to modern......
You've been to a nightclub before. You know what it's like; loud music; lots of people; flashing lights. But Quasars is built on an open plan basis. What I mean by that is you don't walk through a door or entrance to get to it, rather it opens on to deck four; laid out along one side of the deck with the main thoroughfare going past it. On the whole this works well, giving a really open feel to the nightclub.
The problem a client mentioned to me however is that he's epileptic. Now he said he only had a mild form of epilepsy but all the flashing lights coming from the open night club still made him feel nervous whenever he happened to pass it.
Now I know Celebrity can't possibly accommodate everyone when they're designing their ships but this seemed a pretty big flaw to me, at least for a certain group of people.
What do you think? Have you ever been on the Celebrity Eclipse? Did you have epilepsy? Did you think this was a problem or did you just avoid the nightclub?

Happy cruising


1 comment:

  1. Hi James
    I have been on Eclipse and a few other design errors/usage comes to mind. I think the ship was designed to impress and indeed it does. However, the library and the card room are both situated by the atrium with only a half glass balcony panel between them. The floor of the atrium is often used as live music venue and this can be clearly heard in both rooms (not ideal if you want to relax). Also the real grass lawn on the outer deck sounds good in the brochure but it is really a "dead space" at any one time half the space is roped off (the grass is resting) so the area could be used more if it was a normal sundeck.

    ReplyDelete