Recommend me to your friends

Saturday 30 October 2010

Help! Have you seen this man?

Wanted! One nineteen year old lad. Last seen several years ago in a pub somewhere enjoying himself immensely. He is sadly missed. If you can re-unite me with him a substantial reward is on offer.
Hmmm as you can probably tell I'm a little depressed today.
I've been trying to figure out what happened to the nineteen year old student I used to be. Going out, getting drunk, meetings girls, stopping out all night. Then before I know it I'm married, one kid already, another on the way and then last night I was reading about pensions. PENSIONS!
I want to be nineteen again. Before I know it I'm going to be thinking about retirement and booking aboard Saga cruises. Which leads me on to the point of today's blog.
What cruise should I book for my age?
There is no magic hard and fast rule that I can give you for this question, it depends very much on yourself.
Are you twenty going on eighty?
Or have you always been young at heart?
It can all makes a big difference.
Cruise lines do try to give an average age for their guests to make sure people enjoy themselves with similar aged people whilst onboard but it still only takes one really young couple or one really old couple on the wrong cruise to completely mess up the averages. Below you will find some average ages for the different cruise lines based on my own experiences from either being onboard, or from booking different guests onboard, rather than the official cruise line figures.

Fred Olsen - 55 +
Royal Caribbean - 30+ with a lot of families onboard, especially on cruises from Southampton.
Celebrity - 40 +
P&O - That's a tricky one as they have adult only ships as well as family ships but as a general trend:
Adult only ships - 45+
Other Ships - 35+
Cunard - 45/50+
Princess 35+
MSC - 30+
NCL - 30+

Now I'm sure this blog is going to annoy a lot of people and if you're not annoyed you're bound to disagree with the above ages. Bear in mind this is only from my own experiences. If you've found it to be a lot different when you're onboard let me/everyone else know what you thought here.
Have you ever booked a cruise to find you're the youngest by a good couple of generations?
Or vice versa have you ever booked a cruise to find that you're the oldest by a long way?
Did it ruin your cruise?
Did you feel awkward?
Or did you still have a great time?
Looking forward to hear what you have to say.

Happy Cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment