Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 24 October 2010

My Top Ten Pumpkin Carvings

So, how was everybodys weekend? It's been a busy one at my house over the last couple of days. Harry, my two year old son, no doubt inspired by all the Halloween themed cartoons that have been on recently, has been nagging me to make some pumpkin carvings with him. The house is now littered with failed attempts of carved pumpkins, although my efforts at a Bobba Fett and a Spiderman pumpkin were most successful in my opinion. I know it's meant to be more of an American thing, but there was something very funny about watching Harry's face the first time he reached into the pumpkin to scoop out the innards.
Anyway in preparation of Halloween next week I have compiled my top ten favourite pumpkin carvings for you.
Take a look, see which ones you prefer, you've a week to practise, master and post your pictures back here.

In at ten is my own effort at Spiderman, not bad at all me thinks.
At nine....
Not particularly impressive, but bonus points go for the use of the stalk as a nose. Which means we have at eight...
This excellent Death Star.
In at seven is

This Predator. It would of scored higher but I didn't it looked very traditional.
At six we have
This tiger, which again scores quite badly for the same reason.
In at five is
this traditional pumpkin which scored very highly with me for the curved carving, (trust me it's very hard to do, especially with a kitchen knife).
So at four we have
A big pumpkin eating a little pumpkin, I love it!
For no. three I picked this
a good old fashioned Jack O Lantern.
At two I chose this incredibly
fiddly Halloween special, which means at one we have the one, the only
pukin' pumpkin - The old ones are always the best.
Happy, (Halloween), cruising







No comments:

Post a Comment