Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 3 February 2011

Celebritys Concierge Pillow Menu

A customer called me up today looking to book a concierge class cabin aboard a Celebrity ship; he knew he got a lot of extra benefits with it, but wasn't sure exactly what the benefits were.
Quickly summarising for him I ran through the list of extras he could expect:
  • Priority Check in
  • Complimentary welcome sparkling wine
  • Nightly deliveries of hors d'oeuvres
  • A second hand held dryer, (useful if there's more than one woman in the cabin).
  • Egyptian cotton bath towels
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Celebrity tote bag
  • Golf umbrella and high quality binoculars in your room
  • An extended room service breakfast menu and my favourite
  • A pillow menu.
I'd seen this benefit several times but was never sure exactly what you got with it. How many pillows can you really have on a menu? How many different kinds of pillow are there?
Well, after doing a bit of research on the internet you're about to find out........



So what do you get on a pillow menu?
All the rooms start out with the standard goose down pillows, (always my favourite), but you then have the choice of three more:

First up is the Swedish Isotonic Pillow; the design of this pillow, (so Google tells me), supports the natural curves of the neck and shoulders and has a choice of sleep surfaces for stomach, side, or back sleepers. Especially helpful for neck pain sufferers. I'll admit I'd heard of isotonic Lucozade, but not a pillow, I'd be quite interested in hearing some feedback from anyone who's tried this variety!

The next pillow on the menu is a hypo allergenic one for anyone that suffers particularly badly at sea with allergies.

And the last pillow on the menu is called a body pillow. A body pillow is as long as a full adult body, providing support to the head and neck at the top and to the knees and legs lower down. This type of pillow can be especially useful in providing support for those who sleep on their sides and for pregnant women.

Now, my wife has been reading this over my shoulder as I've been typing it and she thinks a pillow menu is the most fantastic thing she's ever heard of, but I'm not so sure. Is it a great extra to an already great package or is it just a bit gimmicky?
What do you think?

Happy Cruising

3 comments:

  1. Hilton Hotels also offer a pillow menu. I wasn't impressed but found myself insisting on Hilton supplying one of each kind to see what the fuss was all about. Gimmicky, but fun!

    I am man, hear me roar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Although a pillow menu sounds fantastic, I'm not sure you will need one after you have slept on Goose Down Pillows! They are great and I will never sleep on another pillow ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a gimmick at all. The Swedish Isotonic Pillow is simply the best pillow I've ever used. I have bought many pillows including the Tempurpedic and have not found one that provides equal comfort and neck support. Just got back from a Baltic cruise on the Solstice Eclipse and once I asked for mine, slept every night beautifully. I would love to know where I can buy one (or two!) for home.

    ReplyDelete