Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Lidl cruises

I've always tried to bring you the most up to date gossip and rumours that cross my desk relating to the cruising world. Combined with that I've always enjoyed sharing crazy or unusual cruising stories with you.
The nice thing about the rumour I heard today was that it ticked both the above boxes.



Lidl, the giant German supermarket retailer, is rumoured to be expanding their business interests and will soon be offering cruise package holidays. I heard about the story from Seatrade Insider who had been told that
"major planning for an offensive focused on the German ocean cruising mass-market sector is underway".

My own opinion is that they will start small with just one ship designed for the German market but if it proves popular expand into the rest of Europe as they have already done with their supermarkets.

Actual facts relating to this are thin on the ground at the moment but I'll keep you up to date if I hear anything else.

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment