Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Cunard Jubilee painting

Where were you for the Queens Diamond Jubilee? Like thousands of others did you head down to watch all three of Cunards ships, the Queen Mary 2, the Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Victoria meet in Southampton?  If you did you may want to book a Cunard cruise soon as this will be the only way to get your hands on this fantastic memorial painting by artist Robert G Lloyd.


As advertised on our forums, (www.cruises.co.uk) you can now buy prints of this fantastic picture only onboard a Cunard ship. What do you think of it? Were you there? Would you buy this to commemorate the occasion? Or do you think, like most art on a cruise ship, it will be over-priced?

Happy cruising

PS Just click the picture to increase it in size if you want a better view.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing this picture, don't know how I ended up here, but I'm glad I did. I can answer most of your questions funny enough. Starting from your first question asked. It's the first time I've seen it and looks good to me. Yes I was there on the front observation deck on the QM2, as usual photographing (photos at www.gadger.co.uk) haven't put the photos of this event on my website yet, waiting for the Friday the 13th for the three Queens in Southampton again where I will be again photographing the Cunard ships. Would I buy this print to commemorate the occasion, I did. In fact I’ve bought the first print. As soon as I got on board the Queen Mary 2, I went straight the library/shop where they sell the prints and posters. And it was there that they told me of this print by the artist Robert G Lloyd who I have other prints by. So bought it straightway without known what it looked like until you article. Last question was the print over priced – no, not at all. It means a lot to me know I was onboard more that the value I paid for it.

    Happy Cruising

    Next cruise I will call you James for a quote. Hope you support the ‘Blues’ not Villa as you are from the South Side of Birmingham. I live Lichfield side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - In answer to your question - Redditch UTD FC!
    No glory chasing here.

    Just been looking at some of your photos, (You're a better photographer than I am).

    How much was the print if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $275 Dollars James, worth it to me, I have quite a few prints and posters hanging around my walls at home, I guess I'm a Cunard fan! Getting the artist and captains to sign it the important bit. Have a couple of prints signed by Commodore Warwick before he retired. Now the original painting will probably be bought by Carnival PLC.

      Delete