Recommend me to your friends

Saturday 2 June 2012

Norwegian iConcierge

As you'll all probably know by now I've just gotten back from my cruise on the NCL Epic with Norwegian Cruise Lines. I wrote briefly the other day about my first impressions of the ship and if I can figure out how to get my phone and computer working hopefully I'll be showing you all the pictures I took onboard soon. Today however I want to tell any prospective Norwegian cruisers about a handy little app they should download for their phone before they cruise. It's called the Norwegian iConcierge.


You can only use this app onboard the ship, (and you'll obviously need a smartphone), but it's free to download and really handy once you get onboard. What's more it's even free to use on the ship as it runs off the ships own Wi-Fi.
It serves several very useful functions onboard. If anyone you're travelling with has also downloaded the app then you can ring and text them for free onboard. No more getting lost and losing track of people!
It keeps an up to date track of your onboard account which I can personally testify is very handy. Testing it one day I loaded up the app at a bar, ordered a drink and by the time the barman was back with my drink it had also appeared on my bill. No more nasty surprises at the end of the cruise.
It displays all the restaurants onboard whilst showing you the menus available in each and lets you book a table for the time of your choice!
Same for the shows. It will display what's on when with a brief description of what the show is and if necessary allow you to book a seat.
Same again for shore excursions. It will give you information about the next port of call and list all excursions you can book for it.

By far this is the most useful cruise app I've ever come across and I'm hoping it wont be too long before other cruise lines are following suit.
So if you're off on a Norwegian cruise make sure you download this before you go!

Happy, (freestyle), cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment