Recommend me to your friends

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cruise consultant of the year 2011

Hi all, I'm back. did you miss me?The sharp eyed amongst you will have noticed that I haven't posted anything here since the beginning of December. You don't need to worry, I'm fine, I've just been enjoying a well deserved break.So what have I been up to you ask?
Well firstly you may be wondering why I've been off since the 6th of December.
Travel agents, (and us cruise travel agents in particular), tend to be busiest around the summer holidays when all you lovely readers are sailing off on your summer holiday cruises. Consequently my boss tapped me on the shoulder mid November to let me know I still had most my holiday still to take. Hence one months holiday in December.
Still I wasn't just lounging around at home, (at least not all of December). If you're a follower of our forums at www.cruises.co.uk you'll already know I was shortlisted for an industry wide award for Cruise Consultant of the Year 2011. The top three finalists were invited down to Southampton for a lunch onboard the always gorgeous QM2 with the award ceremony being held just before.
As you've probably already guessed from the title of this post I won so I'm now officially the best cruise consultant of 2011, (don't worry my head hasn't gotten too big).
The picture on the right is me with one of our forum members who was off on a cruise that day that I met up with whilst onboard, (hi Richard).

A few days after the award ceremony I was back down in Southampton for a mini cruise onboard the Arcadia, (check back soon to see what I thought of her), to Bruges and back.
After that Christmas and New Year were upon me, (with all my shopping being done on Christmas Eve again), so it ended up being a really nice break.
I'm back now though so you'll be pleased to here normal service will be resumed and you can start checking back daily for all the latest in cruise news, facts and trivia.

Have a great 2012 everyone and as always, happy cruising.

2 comments: