Recommend me to your friends

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Funny hotel names

One of my passengers has just come back from a cruise around Australia and New Zealand. Whilst there he noticed a hotel called the Hotel Mediocre. It had been opened by a Vietnamese couple several years earlier whose English wasn't very good. They had asked around for a name that meant ordinary, average and down to earth, apparently settling on mediocre because they liked the sound of it.
Needless to say me and my passenger both found this quite amusing, my only gripe being that he had forgot to take a picture of it. It did get me thinking though, so one quick Google search later here are some other hotels from around the world I thought you might find amusing.
(I've only used the more polite ones though, you'll have to Google it yourself for some of the ruder sounding hotels).










Happy cruising

1 comment:

  1. Hotel Morgue?? Wow, that was funny! I always laugh on those pretty funny hotel/restaurant names we have here in my country, but now i understand that it more out there in this world. Really different yet i think that what drives customer to stay on their hotels.

    ReplyDelete