Recommend me to your friends

Saturday 25 June 2011

Why does it always rain at the weekend?

Why does it always rain at the weekend?
Or does it?
Looking back at my childhood it always seemed that whenever we had a family trip or holiday planned it would rain non-stop at the weekend. At the time I just chalked it up to sods law, (I didn't call it sods law as a child obviously), and made the best of it but it turns out my child self might not of just been unlucky. It really does rain more at the weekend.........

Apparently it's all down to a seven day 'dust cycle'; at least according to some recent research I've read.
Living in modern cities as we do, we pump a lot of pollution and dust particles up into the air every week. This could be from factories, cars or just lots of people all living crammed in together. These particles hang around in the air during the week whilst rain clouds form around them.
I didn't really understand the science around it but when at the weekend, there is a lot less pollution being caused, (no factories running, no rush hour etc), these rain clouds then fall.
So it really does rain more at the weekend, at least in the cities!

Strange but true.

PS If you have enjoyed this blog why not share it with your friends by clicking the recommend button at the top of the page and sharing it on Facebook - thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment