Recommend me to your friends

Friday 23 March 2012

Boycott the book!

It's not often I get up on my high horse, (cough, cough), but is it just me or is there something very distasteful about this book deal that's just appeared in the news?


Sky news, down in Australia, have broke the story; how Francesco Schettino, the Captain of the Costa Concordia has supposedly signed a book deal with an American publishing firm.
The book will be a tell all story of his version of events, detailing the role he played in the disaster as well as the role the crew and passengers played. There will also be details of his girlfriend onboard, one Dominica Cemortan, who's also been about in the news a lot lately.
The book will presumably have to be written soon whilst he's still under house arrest in Naples.........

Now I'd not normally have any problem with something like this, I'm all for freedom of the press. But with Schettino still awaiting trial and the rescue teams still recovering bodies I don't really think anybody should be profiting from this tragedy, let alone the man that may or may not have caused the disaster. I for one won't be buying the book and I hope you'll all join me in boycotting it!

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment