Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 18 March 2012

Someone needs to get there priorities straight

I read an article online today that said Italian prosecutors are wasting their time investigating the disappearance of the Costa Concordia bell. Actually the article just said investigating, I added the bit about wasting their time.

I mean really, with everything that's happened is this the best use they can find for their time?

"Suspicions were raised after Italy's national official for search and salvage efforts Franco  Gabrielli discovered that the bell had disappeared.

Mr Gabrielli revealed that the valuable piece was missing during an interview with reporters on Giglio Island a few days ago.
He revealed that an extensive search had failed to uncover the bell, as salvage crews and divers continued to work on the wreckage.
Speaking to Reuters, Giglio's mayor Sergo Ortelli said: "I can only guess that someone took it as a sort of morbid memento."

Am I missing something here? With a Captain still not on trial and a board of directors still desperately trying to wash their hands of the entire situation should the prosecutors not be focusing on something a bit more important?
Yes it's a little morbid and I can see where some people might disapprove but there's always been ghoulish collectors of objects like this out there.
I've an Uncle who's very proud of the fact he owns a big chunk of the Berlin Wall. To me it's just a big piece of masonry, but he's really proud of it.

So come on Mr Gabrielli, stop wasting your time and get some answers about what really happened. No one cares about the bell!

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment