Recommend me to your friends

Monday 12 March 2012

Seabourn moments

I had an email from Seabourn a few days ago. It wasn't anything particularly interesting or even important, just one of the many emails I get from the cruise lines on a daily basis regarding latest offers, cruise news, itinerary changes etc. This email however was a little bit different and I'd like to tell you why.

On the right hand side of the email some clever person in their marketing team had added a little section called Seabourn moments. It was just a couple of examples of what makes a Seabourn cruise great. I've copied them for you here.....

“...A guest sitting at the Colonnade on deck 8 while on a North Sea cruise felt chilly.  Before he could move (to go and get a jacket), a staff member appeared equipped with a warm rug!”

“...It was noticed by staff that a guest left all the almonds when he was eating mixed nuts at the bar.  On the next occasion he visited the bar, staff ensured he was served a dish of mixed nuts – with almonds already removed!”

Now I'm not stupid. I know these were just included on there to make me smile and think of Seabourn more that day but I still really liked the idea of it.
I could probably think of a dozen such instances from some of the cruises I've done but it occurred to me that we very rarely tell other people about the "little things" that happen on a cruise. We quite often will tell people how amazing a new ship was, or how great a port of call was but I think it's sometimes these little moments that can make a cruise really great.

So I'm asking all my readers today to share those little moments, (it doesn't have to be with Seabourn), that really made their last cruise special.
Mine would probably be coming back to the cabin each day  to find my cabin steward had made a different towel animal every time and left it somewhere in the cabin for the kids to find. They loved it and still talk about it now.
So what's your favourite little moment?

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment