Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Fred Olsen finally go on line! But will people be happy?

It's finally happened! Fred Olsen have joined the 21st century! But is it a good thing?
Fred Olsen have finally jumped on the dreaded e-ticket bandwagon and from today all your tickets will be available to print out direct from their website.

I know some people thing cruise e-tickets are a great innovation, putting control of the process firmly in the hands of the guests. Other people however aren't as keen and still miss the bygone days when they would receive a leather bound 'cruise pack' with all their tickets, luggage labels and shore excursion information inside.
Well, no more I'm afraid.
Most cruise lines have been operating an e-ticket process for awhile now but as I said Fred Olsen were the big hold out until today, posting all tickets out in the post still.
Now don't shoot me for generalising but I think this worked quite well as the majority of Fred Olsen passengers are of the older generation and so many may struggle more with modern technology, (again I mean in general).
What I'm wondering is how will Fred Olsen passengers react to this. What do you think? Are you a Fred Olsen passenger? Will you be happy with the new system? Or do you miss the old days of everything being delivered by snail mail?

Happy e-cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment