Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 14 July 2011

Have you ever seen a horse on a Fred Olsen ship?

No this isn't a joke, I'm genuinely asking if you've ever seen a horse on a Fred Olsen ship.
Obviously not the live variety, that really would be weird. What I meant is have you ever seen a picture of a horse in a painting?
Or a statue of a horse as a decoration?
Or anything else even remotely 'horsey'?
I bet you haven't!


I was talking to someone recently who used to work for Fred Olsen cruises and she let slip something very interesting.
Apparently the reason there are no images of any horses on any Fred Olsen ships at all is that Fred Olsen himself has a phobia of them and won't allow any pictures of them onboard.
That's fair enough I think.
If I had my own cruise line I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any pictures of spiders anywhere either.
What I'm wondering though is how true this is?
Have you just come back from a Fred Olsen cruise?
Are you just about to go on a Fred Olsen cruise?
See if you can see any horses anywhere and we'll see if we can get this rumour confirmed or not!

Happy cruising

1 comment:

  1. Hi James
    I heard that as well so always have a look at all the artwork on Fred's ships to see if there are any horses hiding in the background. Will examine paintings on Balmoral next month.
    What did you think of Balmoral?
    Best wishes
    Tiggertom

    ReplyDelete