Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 23 January 2011

Cruise Line Livery's

A customer of mine has just come back from a cruise onboard the NCL Jade. It was the first time he'd booked a cruise onboard an NCL ship and he had a fantastic time. One comment he did make however was that he couldn't get over the colour schemes onboard. He, in his own words,
"Couldn't believe how garish it all was."
It's true that NCLs colour schemes do take some getting used too but I've always thought they modern and fun.
The other comment my customer made was that it wasn't just the inside of the ship, but the outside as well that suffered from NCLs love of colour. For anyone who has never seen the Jade I've enclosed a picture here for you on the above.
Again, I think NCL's colour schemes are great and really make their ships stand out.
But not as much as some others.....................



It was later that night, when I got curious and went looking for cruise ships with even brighter/more garish/more fun livery's, that I came across the cruise line Moby. They're an Italian shipping company that also runs ferries between the Italian and French mainland and the island of Elba, Sardinia and Corsica. They are famous in the area for always using Warner Bros. Looney Tunes characters on their livery.
Check out the picture below!


I bet you don't think NCL looks so bright now do you!
Have any of noticed one of these ships whilst cruising the Med? Or even something brighter.
The competition starts here to email me with the most garish ship livery you've seen on holiday and I'll put the winners into a future blog.

Happy Cruising

3 comments:

  1. We saw one "parked" in Genoa last year. Couldn't believe the cartoons on the exterior. Ha Ha! I thought it was just a car ferry! Maybe it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you took a picture you'll have to send it to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade was formerly the 'Pride of Hawaii' so all her decror is very Hawaiian! However most of the NCL ships are a bit garish, but sedate when compared to 'Carnival'.

    I say most, because the new 'Norwegian Epic' is a little more tasteful in places - in a Las Vegas sort of way!

    Malcolm Oliver

    ReplyDelete