Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Child of the 80's

Looking back over my posts for the last couple of weeks and I've noticed there's a bit of a theme developing of me getting on my soap box and moaning, whether it be about Liverpool cruise terminal, Windstar cruises or Princess cruises out of the UK.
Well no more!
Tonight I'm going for something a little more light hearted.
It all came about chatting to a past passenger of mine who was reminiscing about the now gone QE2. She made the comment
"you know you were born in the sixties when you always dreamt about booking a cruise onboard the QE2".
Well I'm afraid I wasn't born in the sixties, I'm a child of the 80s so just for a bit of fun for all the rest of you out there.........
You Know You Were Born In The 80s When..........

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word 'psyche!'
2. You know all the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air rap.
3. You ever wore a plaster on your face for fun with a big W on it, (you know who you are).
4. You thought 'bumbags' were cool.
5. Everyone in your street could hear you coming because you had a 'clacker' on your BMX.
7. You owned a BMX
8. Saturday morning cartoons were good and were worth giving up a lie in for.
9. The words 'wax on, wax off', have a profound and spiritual meaning for you.
10. Most if not all your clothes were florescent.
11. You could 'scatch and sniff your T-shirt.
12. Even now you get the urge to say NOT! after your sentences.
13. You can remember a time when Michael Jackson was cool.
14. You weren't embarrassed about using the word cool.......or bad.
15. You can still sing the theme tune to Fraggle Rock.

I'm sure there's more and if anyone can think of any others feel free to add them below.

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment