Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 3 March 2011

Did you know...........?

Anyone that's been following my blog for awhile now will know that I love weird and wacky facts and figures. The more outlandish the better!
I was talking to a client yesterday, booking him a transatlantic cruise when he mentioned offhand a comment about New York and London. I wasn't sure how true it was but after a littler bit of research, (Yahoo answers I'm afraid), It turns out he was right.



The distance from New York to London is 3471 miles.
The distance from New York to Hawaii is 4894 miles.

Which means if you live in New York you're closer to a England, aforeign country on the other side of the Atlantic, than you are to the western edge of your own country! America really is a huge place.

Strange but true.

3 comments:

  1. The information that you have provided over here about distance from New York to London is really important and helpful to me. You have explained it very nicely and in clear form so that any one can understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I read your article and its very useful for me. Because Travelling is one of my hobby. So its very useful information about new York to London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York is only 3310 from Liverpool. Perhaps you should have a graphic with the 3 Graces World Heritage Site next to New York's Empire State and not Big Ben.After all,Liverpool's connections with New York and all of the USA are legion.

    ReplyDelete