Recommend me to your friends

Wednesday 9 March 2011

What are you giving up for lent?

I don't know if any of you read my blog the other day on whether you should cruise with MSC or not. If you missed it you can read it by clicking here.
Someone reading it obviously wasn't too keen on MSC and said my recommendation of them sounded like a used car salesmans!
A little unfair I thought as I'd made a conscious effort to give the good and bad points of the cruise. I suppose I may have come across enthusiastic but that's just how I talk about cruising in general, it's not just MSC. I'm a big cruising fan and I'm on the hunt right now for my next cruise.

However, in the spirit of trying to please everyone, and especially as today is Lent, todays blog is going to be a bit more downbeat:

"What aspect of the cruise industry are you giving up for lent?"

Is there a particular brand you'd never sail with again?
Or just a ship you'd never want to see again?
Perhaps you'd be happy to go back on a certain ship but you'd avoid a certain show/pool/restaurant/bar?

Think of today as a way of getting it all off your chest. Let me know about your bad experiences here. It's Lent so you have to give up something, it may as well be something you didn'y enjoy.

Happy Cruising

1 comment:

  1. Book with MSC? Definitely when they have one of their surprisingly good offers on. I've been with them six times and have made good use of one of the most generous loyalty schemes there is. It's possible to get to gold membersip with four seven day cruises (28points), registering online (7 points), and an average spend of €350 per cruise (1 point for €200 spend)(7points) giving the required 42 points. I would however say that it is not in my opinion a cruise line for the first time british cruiser, unless they sail from the UK with a predominately British clientel. They have beautiful and spotlessly clean ships (theirs is the youngest fleet afloat), friendly staff (i've always found) albeit the language problems can be a little tricky, and flashing a gold membership card gets tremendous response. On "Orchestra" all problems encountered by MSC club members were dealt with by the chief purser himself, and nothing was too much hassle for him. They do have their quirks ,food is as you would expect heavily Italian influenced, which I love anyway, entertainment has to cater for a multitude of languages and is therefore mainly visual nad there can be queueing problems. One major selling point, that many people and TA's miss, is that fact that you can board at virtally any port(except N African) on the itinerary and so tailor make the holiday to your dates, almost like a HOHO bus service. Would I recommend them, definately provided people are informed of the italian style of cuising and they go with an open mind.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete