Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 31 March 2011

Lobster golf balls!

And the award for most pointless improvement goes to......

I came across this story earlier today and thought to myself that I just had to share it with you.
Now we all know cruise lines will go to extreme lengths to keep guests happy onboard, paying attention to the smallest details of your cruise holiday. Indeed, I think I've said it before here that it tends to be the silly little small details that can really make a holiday. But have they finally gone one step too far.......?

A new type of biodegradable golf ball has been invented especially for cruise ships, made from discarded lobster shells!

Although biodegradable golf balls already exist, this is the first to be made with crushed lobster shells with a biodegradable binder and coating.
Lead scientist Professor David Neivandt, from the University of Maine and The Lobster Institute said: 'We're using a byproduct of the lobster canning industry which is currently miserably underutilised - it just ends up in a landfill.

But here's what I want to know. Don't ask me why but whenever I've seen the golf driving nets at sea I've always had the urge to stand at the back of the ship and drive the ball out to sea. I don't know why, I just think it looks like a lot of fun. Obviously I never would of before due to polluting the oceans but with these biodegradable balls it might finally be possible.

Just not sure how the play it where it lands rule would work!

Happy Cruising

1 comment:

  1. golfers demand nothing less than the best of both worlds. There is an obvious choice for this group, and most consider ball players available the "Best ball golf. PROV1 Titleist is hands down the winner and can be found in golf bags around the world. This ball Titleist offers maximum distance and trajectory, excellent feel and control, with great delicacy and feeling. PROV1 The Titleist is full of technology industry and supports it with first-hand performance. While on the expensive side at about 48 per dozen , is the ball as sold on the market. This fact alone speaks of his relation to the claim of "Best Golf Ball. The PROV1 is also surprisingly durable golf ball feel softer. The Titleist ball is without doubt the best golf ball for low handicap players.

    ReplyDelete