Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Fight Klub - Another secret gem of the Indy

I've written a couple of articles recently about the different little known extras you get on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I think the last one I wrote about was topless sun bathing, (which, if you want, you can read by clicking here). Following on with the same theme I'll be posting today about the Fight Klub onboard the Independence of the Seas.
Did you know she had a usable boxing ring in the gym?

That's right the Independence, (and several other RCCL ships), have a working boxing ring onboard.
When I say working, I don't mean to imply it was once broken, I mean you and anyone you're traveling with are more than welcome to use it for both boxercise and sparring with fully trained instructors on hand with tips and advice.
Handy for burning off all those extra calories you put on at the Windjammer cafe or, whilst I'm sure this wasn't Royal Caribbeans intention, you could always use it to settle any silly little disputes that might come up between members of your traveling group whilst your onboard.
Also, and I don't know how true this rumour is, I've heard that they sometimes put exhibition bouts on between the sparring instructors for the guests to enjoy. If anyone has ever sailed on the Independence of the Seas and seen one of these matches it'd be great if you could leave a comment so I could confirm this rumour.
So what do you think? Are you a keen boxer who'd relish the chance to don the gloves whilst on a cruise? Never boxed before but fancy learning whilst on holiday? A Royal Caribbean cruise might just be the one for you!

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment