Recommend me to your friends

Saturday 14 May 2011

My top five cruise movies

I was chatting with some friends last night about the amount of times a cruise ship gets used in a movie either as a setting or as a plot device and someone made a comment that there always seemed to be hundreds of movies featuring cruise ships about.
As one, everyone turned to me as though I'd be able to list every movie ever made to feature a cruise ship. With a bit of thought though I was hard pressed to come up with even ten, let alone ten good ones.
It's with that in mind that for todays post I've listed my top five favourite movies featuring cruise ships. Bear in mind it was a slim list I was picking from so if you can come up with a better top five, or you can even think of some cruise movies I've missed, feel free to add them below.
In at five...... Speed 2, Cruise Control.
I know, I know. It's an awful movie but this is a list of top five cruise movies, not good movies, and the pickings were slim. Plus I found the idea of someone hijacking the Seabourn Legend quite funny.

In at four..... The Poseidon Adventure.
Classic 70s action at it's best. Be dammed to physics and logic, if we want to film a movie in an upside down ship we will! God bless you Hollywood. God bless you.

In at three..... Titanic.
Classic 18th Century, White Star luxury at it's best. Even if Hollywood did make up pretty much everything apart from the Iceberg.

In at two....... The Brothers Bloom.
Not technically a 'cruise movie' but it's got a cruise ship in it and as I love con men movies so it's made it to the number two slot, (it's still better than Speed 2).

And in at one..... Out To Sea.
A great Jack Lemon comedy on board a Holland America ship about two gentleman hosts. If you've never seen this before trust me, watch it!

Happy cruising

2 comments:

  1. erm...Titanic 18th century - make that 20th century. Next year is the 100th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops, I knew that, I was just making sure every one was paying attention ;-)

    ReplyDelete