Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 26 May 2011

Planking - Have you tried it yet?

I'm normally pretty good with internet fads, being right there at the front when they start, but I''ll admit this one passed me by a bit so if you've already heard of it my apologies for todays post.
For those of you that haven't 'planking' a variation on an old game called, imaginatively, the lying down game, is the latest craze to be sweeping the internet.
But just what is it?

It's actually ridiculously easy to describe........
"Planking is the act of lying down in a rigid pose and then having your photo taken".

I know,I know, like all internet crazes, (flash crowds being another good example), it seems really silly and I guess to a lot of people it will be, but when I Googled the term planking craze and had a look at some of the pictures I couldn't help but smile.
I loved this one taken recently on an airplane.

I'm going to be trying to start a spin off craze today called cruise ship planking.
That's right dear readers I want you all to start planking on your next cruise holiday and send the pictures into me for publication here. Bonus points go to anyone who manages it on a martini bar on one of Celebritys solstice class ships, (they're covered in ice), or on the bar made out of ice on the NCL Epic!
Make them fun; make them weird; definitely make them safe and I promise to publish them all here.

Happy planking!

No comments:

Post a Comment