Recommend me to your friends

Monday 9 May 2011

Three and four berth cabins

One of the big questions I get asked a lot from families booking a cabin on a cruise ship is what will the three or four berth cabins look like.
It can be quite worrying, especially if you've never seen one before, as it's quite hard to imagine how they will be set up. I had a quick look on the internet this morning and there aren't even that many pictures. With that in mind I thought I'd show you some pictures of three and four berth cabins on a cruise ship so that you can judge for yourselves as to whether you'd be happy in one.
There are however a couple of points with this kind of cabin that you should remember......

First off any small children you have wont be allowed in the top bunks. Due to health and safety most cruise lines insist small children go on the bottom bunks in case they roll out of bed and hurt themselves.
Second of all, depending on the size of the cabin, if the cruise line set up a pullout bed they won't let the bottom bed be configured as a double ie one double bed below and one single bed above, again in case someone falls out and drops onto someone below. Personally I think they'd do less damage if they did fall onto someone else rather than dropping all the way to the floor but that's just me.
Your cabin steward would come in during the day and put the bed away, setting it back up that night ready for bed.


I hope that helps give you a bit more info about three and four berth cabins. If you have any more feel free to post them below or email me direct and as always.

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment